Salix Purpurea Pendula - Weeping Purple Willow
Overweight or delicate Item
Please note that this is a overweight or delicate item and cannot be delivered by our regular DPD courier. Local delivery is €25 for Dublin and Kildare for as many as you need and €59 for nationwide pallet delivery.
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
- Mature Height: 2.5-4 metres
- Mature Spread: 1.5-2.5 metres
Why We Love It
- Ideal for small gardens
- Low maintenance
- Attracts butterflies and hummingbirds
What To Know
- Season of Interest: Spring-Winter
- Position: Full sun
- Soil: Moist but well drained
- Pot size: 10 Litre
How to Care
- Weeping willows do well in both full-sun and partially shaded areas. Avoid planting other trees near it if they will completely block the willow's sunlight when they are mature. Trees and buildings should be at least 30 feet from the weeping willow.
- Grass and other plants grow poorly beneath a weeping willow's arching branches, but laying a 2- to 4-inch-thick layer of mulch on the soil surface below the tree helps prevent soil moisture loss. Leave a 3- to 4-inch space between the trunk and the mulch. Water your weeping willow regularly during dry weather if it isn't near a pond, creek or other consistent water source. Keeping the soil moist, but not soggy, at all times results in the tree's best growth.
- A mature weeping willow doesn't require fertilizer if it is in rich soil and its leaves are a healthy green or nearby lawns are fertilized regularly. Otherwise, 1 pound of nitrogen per 100 square feet of ground can be applied beneath the willow's canopy in early spring and midsummer.
Most of our trees are tall & not suitable for courier delivery. We will deliver to Dublin and Kildare ourselves.