Cotinus cog. 'Royal Purple' | Purple Smokebush (2 Litre)
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Cotinus cog. 'Royal Purple' | Purple Smokebush is a magnificent deciduous shrub celebrated for its dramatic, deep purple foliage. Throughout the summer, it produces an ethereal display of smoky-purple, feathery flower plumes, giving it the moniker "Smokebush". Its bold foliage color, combined with its unique flowering display, offers a striking visual interest in gardens and landscapes.
Why We Like It
- Deep purple leaves provide a rich color contrast in garden designs.
- Unique "smoky" flower plumes add an air of mystery and whimsy.
- Demonstrates excellent drought and heat tolerance once established.
What to Know
- Prefers full sun for the best foliage color.
- While adaptable to various soil types, it thrives best in well-draining soil.
- While young plants need regular watering, established plants are quite drought-tolerant.
- Annual pruning in late winter or early spring can help maintain its shape and size.
- Generally disease-resistant, but occasional pests like aphids or scale might appear.
- Deep purple.
- Typically blooms from June to July, producing its characteristic "smoky" plumes.
Eventual Height and Spread
- Height: 4-5 meters.
- Spread: 3-4 meters.