Andromeda Polifolia 'Blue Ice'
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Andromeda Polifolia 'Blue Ice,' commonly known as Bog Rosemary 'Blue Ice,' is a captivating evergreen shrub admired for its enchanting blue-gray foliage and delicate bell-shaped flowers. This plant belongs to the Ericaceae family and is native to boggy and wetland areas in North America and Europe. 'Blue Ice' is a popular choice for ornamental gardens and landscape designs due to its unique coloration and graceful appearance.
Why We Like It:
- Unique blue-gray foliage: The 'Blue Ice' variety of Andromeda Polifolia features striking blue-gray leaves that create a cool and soothing effect, adding an interesting contrast to other greenery in the garden.
- Graceful bell-shaped flowers: Delicate white or pinkish bell-shaped flowers appear in clusters, adding a touch of elegance to the plant during the flowering season.
- Tolerates wet conditions: As a bog-loving plant, 'Blue Ice' thrives in moist and waterlogged soils, making it an ideal choice for rain gardens or areas with poor drainage.
What to Know:
- Sun and soil preferences: Andromeda Polifolia 'Blue Ice' prefers partial shade to full sun. It thrives in acidic, well-draining soils, making it suitable for heath or rock gardens.
- Moisture and watering: Ensure the plant receives a consistent water supply, especially during dry periods, as it has a high tolerance for moisture and can suffer in drought conditions.
- Pruning and maintenance: Light pruning after flowering can help maintain a tidy shape and promote new growth. The shrub has a slow growth rate, reducing the need for frequent trimming.
- Fertilizing: 'Blue Ice' typically doesn't require heavy fertilization, but a balanced acidic fertilizer applied in the spring can support healthy growth.
- Winter protection: While it is hardy in colder regions, providing a layer of mulch around the base of the plant can offer added protection during harsh winters.
Flower Colour: The flowers of Andromeda Polifolia 'Blue Ice' are bell-shaped and can be either white or pinkish, adding a delicate and charming element to the shrub.
Flowering Months: 'Blue Ice' typically blooms in late spring to early summer, gracing the garden with its lovely flowers from May to June.
Height and Spread: When fully grown, Andromeda Polifolia 'Blue Ice' reaches a height of approximately 12-18 inches (30-45 centimeters), with a similar spread.