Asparagus Fern | Asparagus setaceus P12
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Asparagus Fern, also known as Asparagus setaceus, is a popular houseplant. Although it is called a fern, it is not a true fern but rather a member of the asparagus family. This plant is known for its long, delicate and feathery foliage that grows in a cascading habit, making it a great choice for hanging baskets or to trail down shelves. It is a fast-growing plant that can quickly fill up any empty space in a room. Although it can produce small white or pink flowers, the plant is primarily grown for its foliage.
Please note: This plant is sold individually.
Why we like it
- Asparagus Fern is a low-maintenance plant that is easy to care for and can thrive in various indoor conditions, making it perfect for beginners or those with a busy lifestyle.
- Its lush, green foliage is a great addition to any room, and its cascading growth habit is perfect for adding height and depth to a space.
- Asparagus Fern is also known for its air-purifying qualities, helping to improve the air quality in your home or office.
What to know
- Asparagus Fern prefers bright, indirect light but can also tolerate low light conditions.
- It likes to be kept in consistently moist soil, so make sure to water it regularly and never let the soil dry out completely.
- Asparagus Fern can benefit from occasional misting, especially in dry environments or during winter months when indoor heating can dry out the air.
- It does not require frequent fertilization, but a balanced liquid fertilizer can be applied once a month during the growing season to encourage healthy growth.
- Asparagus Fern can produce small white or pink flowers in the summer months, although these flowers are not as showy as its foliage.
Height and Spread: When fully grown, Asparagus Fern can reach a height of around 60-90cm and a spread of 30-60cm.