Photinia Red Robin (7.5Ltr | 80-100cm)
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Photinia × fraseri 'Red Robin' is a widely admired hedging plant known for its vibrant red young leaves that gradually mature to a glossy green. This evergreen shrub is celebrated for its resilience and striking color contrast, making it a popular choice for gardeners seeking year-round interest and privacy. Its adaptability to various climates and pruning tolerance further enhances its appeal for landscaping and garden designs.
Why we like it
- Striking red foliage in spring, transitioning to green
- Evergreen nature provides year-round privacy and interest
- Tolerates a wide range of soil types and conditions
What to know
- Prefers full sun to partial shade for optimal color vibrancy
- Requires well-drained soil; does not tolerate waterlogged conditions
- Prune in late winter or early spring to encourage vivid new growth
- Drought-tolerant once established, but regular watering enhances leaf color
- Susceptible to leaf spot and fireblight; proactive care can prevent these issues
- April, May
Height and Spread
- Height: up to 400 cm
- Spread: up to 400 cm