Hedera Helix Goldchild Ivy
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
- Mature Height: 0.5-1 metres
- Mature Spread: 0.1-0.5 metres
Why We Love It
- Low maintennace
- Provides valuable winter interest
- Evergreen foliage for all year round colour and screening
- Suitable for container growing
What To Know
- Season of Interest: Winter-Autumn
- Position: Full sun, partial shade, shade
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, fertile
How to Care
- Ivy needs regular watering until the plant is established, which usually takes one growing season. The plant benefits from about 1 inch of water every week, either through supplemental watering or natural rainfall. Keep the foliage as dry as possible when watering. After it's established, provide water only during extended periods of dry weather. Don't over-water, as English ivy is prone to fungal diseases in soggy, waterlogged soil.
- Ivy requires only moderate amounts of fertilizer to remain green and healthy. Apply a balanced, dry fertilizer with a ratio such as 15-15-15 or 12-4-8 at a rate of 1/2 pound of fertilizer for every 500 feet of growing space. Apply the fertilizer twice a year, in early spring and midsummer.
- Propagate by cuttings in summer using juvenile growth to obtain plants with a trailing habit, use adult growth to obtain plants with a bushy growth habit