Bluebells | Hyacinthoides Non Scripta (35 Pack)
Buy 3 Get 4th Free Mix & Match
Offer is automatically applied when you add four Spring flowering bulbs to cart.
Hyacinthoides non-scripta, commonly known as the bluebell, is a perennial wildflower native to the woodlands of western Europe. It's particularly associated with Ireland, where its annual bloom in ancient woodlands is a renowned and breathtaking spectacle. With its graceful drooping bell-shaped, rich blue flowers and delicate, sweet scent, the bluebell has become emblematic of spring.
Why We Like It
- Iconic representation of spring in woodlands.
- Fragrant flowers that infuse the air with a delicate scent.
- Provides a critical early source of nectar for bees and butterflies.
What to Know
- Prefers moist, well-draining soils.
- Enjoys partial shade, making it perfect for woodland gardens or under shrubs.
- Can be sensitive to disturbance; it's best to leave them be once planted.
- The bulbs are toxic and should not be ingested.
Flower Colour Rich blue. (Though rare white and pink variants can also occur.)
Flowering Months April and May.
Height and Spread Height: 25-30 cm. Spread: 8-10 cm.