Raspberry 'Autumn Bliss' | Rubus idaeus 'Autumn Bliss'
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Raspberry 'Autumn Bliss,' scientifically known as Rubus idaeus 'Autumn Bliss,' is a delectable and popular raspberry cultivar cherished for its abundant harvest of sweet and juicy berries. This deciduous shrub belongs to the Rosaceae family and is highly regarded for its ease of cultivation and consistent fruiting. 'Autumn Bliss' is a primocane-fruiting raspberry, meaning it produces fruit on the current year's growth, making it a rewarding choice for home gardeners and fruit enthusiasts. With its luscious berries and relatively long harvesting season, this raspberry cultivar is a delightful addition to fruit gardens and edible landscapes.
Why We Like It:
- Sweet and juicy berries: The 'Autumn Bliss' raspberry offers a delectable flavor and pleasing texture, perfect for fresh eating or culinary use.
- Continuous fruiting: This cultivar produces fruit on new growth, allowing for an extended harvest season from late summer to early autumn.
- Easy cultivation: 'Autumn Bliss' is relatively easy to grow, making it suitable for both experienced gardeners and beginners.
What to Know:
- Sunlight requirements: Raspberry 'Autumn Bliss' thrives in full sun, receiving at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight daily for optimal fruit production.
- Soil preferences: Well-draining and fertile soil with good moisture retention supports the vigorous growth of this raspberry cultivar.
- Pruning: Pruning is essential for maintaining the health and productivity of 'Autumn Bliss.' Primocane-fruiting raspberries should be pruned back to the ground in late winter or early spring.
- Fruit protection: Bird netting or other protective measures may be necessary to prevent birds from consuming the ripe berries.
- Pollination: 'Autumn Bliss' is self-fertile, meaning it does not require cross-pollination with another raspberry plant to produce fruit.
Fruit Color: The berries of Rubus idaeus 'Autumn Bliss' are typically bright red when ripe, signifying their readiness for harvest.
Fruiting Months: As the name suggests, 'Autumn Bliss' produces its harvest in the late summer to early autumn months, typically from late July to early October, depending on the local climate and growing conditions.
Height and Spread: When fully grown, Raspberry 'Autumn Bliss' can reach a height of approximately 1.5-2 meters (5-6.5 feet) with a similar spread. Its compact size makes it suitable for various garden sizes, and it can be trained to grow on trellises or supports to save space and facilitate harvesting.