Polystichum setiferum 'Plumosum Densum' | Soft Shield Fern
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Polystichum setiferum 'Plumosum Densum' is a variety of the Soft Shield Fern with finely divided fronds that give it a delicate appearance. The fronds are a deep green colour and have a slightly arching habit, forming a neat clump of foliage that looks great in a woodland or shady garden. This fern is evergreen, so it provides year-round interest in the garden, and it can tolerate a range of soil types as long as they are well-drained. It's a great choice for adding texture to a mixed border, and it works well as an underplanting for taller shrubs and trees.
Why we like it:
- The finely divided fronds give this fern a delicate and graceful appearance.
- It's evergreen, so it provides year-round interest in the garden.
- It's a versatile plant that can be grown in a range of garden styles, from woodland gardens to mixed borders.
What to know:
- Soft Shield Fern prefers a partially shaded to fully shaded position.
- It prefers a moist, well-drained soil and will appreciate regular watering, especially during dry periods.
- To keep the plant looking neat and tidy, remove any dead or damaged fronds in spring.
- It's generally disease and pest-free, but can be affected by slugs and snails.
- The Soft Shield Fern will grow to a height of around 60cm and a spread of 60cm when fully grown.