Onion Sets 'Troy' (75 Bulbs per pack)
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
The Onion 'Troy' is a gardener's delight, known for its excellent resistance to bolting and producing consistently firm, medium to large round bulbs. With a golden-brown skin and white inner flesh, these onions offer a robust flavor ideal for a variety of culinary uses. Whether you're making salads, sautés, or stews, 'Troy' delivers both in the garden and the kitchen. Coming in packs of 75 bulbs, it provides ample supply for planting, ensuring a bountiful harvest.
Why We Like It
- Resistant to bolting, ensuring a reliable crop.
- Produces uniformly round and firm bulbs.
- Versatile in culinary use with its rich flavor profile.
What to Know
- Best grown in well-draining soil with a neutral pH level.
- Plant sets around 2-3 cm deep and 10-15 cm apart.
- Ensure regular watering, especially during dry spells, but avoid waterlogging the soil.
- Onions are generally pest-resistant, but it's wise to watch out for onion flies and fungal diseases.
- Harvest when the foliage turns yellow and falls over, typically in late summer.
Planting Month: May to July
Height and Spread Height: 30-45 cm. Spread: 10-15 cm.