Fatsia Japonica 'Spider's Web' (2 Litre)
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Fatsia japonica 'Spider's Web,' also known as Spider's Web Fatsia or Variegated Japanese Aralia, is an enchanting and unique cultivar of the Fatsia japonica species. Originating from Japan, this evergreen shrub is cherished for its striking variegated foliage, which features green leaves adorned with intricate white speckles or "spider web" patterns. 'Spider's Web' is a popular choice for adding a touch of elegance and interest to gardens and indoor spaces, captivating plant enthusiasts with its captivating appearance.
Why We Like It:
- Variegated foliage: Fatsia japonica 'Spider's Web' showcases stunning variegation, with its green leaves speckled with white patterns, resembling a delicate spider's web. This unique feature adds a touch of elegance and beauty to any planting area.
- Year-round interest: Its evergreen nature ensures that 'Spider's Web' provides visual appeal throughout all seasons, making it a valuable addition to the garden's design.
- Shade tolerance: This cultivar, like the standard Fatsia japonica, thrives in shade or partial shade, making it an excellent choice for areas with limited sunlight.
What to Know:
- Light requirements: Fatsia japonica 'Spider's Web' prefers partial to full shade. While it can tolerate some sunlight, direct exposure to intense sunlight may lead to leaf scorching and may fade the variegation.
- Watering and soil: Keep the soil consistently moist during its establishment period, and then water as needed. Ensure good drainage to prevent waterlogged conditions.
- Temperature tolerance: 'Spider's Web' is generally hardy and can withstand temperatures down to around 20°F (-6°C). In colder regions, consider providing winter protection.
- Pruning: Minimal pruning is typically required for Fatsia japonica 'Spider's Web.' However, you can remove any dead or damaged leaves to maintain its appearance and health.
- Toxicity: As with the standard Fatsia japonica, 'Spider's Web' is considered toxic if ingested, so keep it out of reach of pets and children.
Leaf Appearance: Fatsia japonica 'Spider's Web' features large, palmate leaves with a green coloration that is beautifully adorned with delicate white speckles or "spider web" patterns.
Height and Spread: When fully grown, Fatsia japonica 'Spider's Web' can reach a height of approximately 6-8 feet (180-240 centimeters) with a spread of about 4-6 feet (120-180 centimeters).