Special Offer - Buy Any 3 Packs Get 4th Free!
Buy Any 3 Reptile Live Food Packs & Get 4th Pack Free! Mix & Match
Offer is automatically applied when you add four reptile live food to cart.
Extremely lively and easy to look after, Earthworms are rich in protein and calcium and should form part of a balanced diet. Care Instructions: As with all live food it is essential they are kept healthy. Empty into a container with a lid and keep cool in the fridge. Spread a small amount of cooked, unsalted mashed potato onto the surface and lightly water.
-Favoured by invertebrates
- Well suited to larger reptiles and amphibians
- Easy to look after
- Rich in protein and calcium
How To Care For Reptile Live Food in Cold Weather
During the cold weather we make every effort to ensure that your livefood arrives as warm and active as possible.
All our delivery vans are heated, and we use a variety of packaging methods depending on the severity of the predicted weather.
This may include:
-Heat packs or
-Wrapping of livefood tubs
However, despite our best efforts, your livefood still may arrive looking lifeless. Many of our common livefood species enter a dormant state when exposed to colder weather. As they are cold-blooded, they cannot regulate their body temperature effectively, so will slow down their body process waiting for warmer conditions - Mealworms, Morioworms, Calci worms and Crickets all do this, for example.
In order to bring the livefood around, it is important you follow a few simple steps:
1. Unpack the outer boxes and lay out all packs/ tubs so that fresh air can circulate around them
2. Leave the packs/tubs at room temperature (18C-25C)
3. Do not offer external heat as warming up livefood quickly will kill them. This is the most common cause of livefood deaths.
4. For bulk bags of livefood, gently agitate the bag to spread-out the insects within. Leave at room temperature and prop up in a horizontal position.
5. Livefood may take several hours to completely recover but 99% of live food will recover fully providing they are treated correctly upon arrival