Arbutus unedo - Strawberry Tree
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Spreading, shrubby tree with shredding brown bark and glossy bright green leaves. It is attractive in autumn when the white flowers, often tinged pink, are produced and the fruit from last year are turning red.
The tree gets it's name from these fruit, which look like strawberries but sadly don't taste like them. An excellent tree for costal gardens or in a sheltered spot inland.
Why we like it
- Perfect tree for coastal areas.
- Attractive in the autumn with white flowers that have a tinge of pink.
- Stunning red fruit that look like strawberries once flowers are finished.
What you need to know
- Likes to be in full sun
- Likes fertile, well-drained soil but can tolerate alkaline soils
- Flowers from September to November
- Flowers are white, often pink tinged
- lovely strawberry-like red fruit
- This is a very hardy shrub that will grow into a tree if you want it to.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting and stake well.
- Pot Size: 3 Litre
- Actual size: 40-50cm
- Eventual Height: 8m
- Eventual Spread: 8m