Goldchild is a medium-sized evergreen climber with light green young leaves broadly margined with bright yellow; the older leaves grey-green edged with pale yellow; no flowers
- Mature Height: 0.5-1 metres
- Mature Spread: 0.1-0.5 metres
Why We Love It
- Low maintennace
- Provides valuable winter interest
- Evergreen foliage for all year round colour and screening
- Suitable for container growing
What To Know
- Season of Interest: Winter-Autumn
- Position: Full sun, partial shade, shade
- Soil: Moist but well-drained, fertile
How to Care
- Ivy needs regular watering until the plant is established, which usually takes one growing season. The plant benefits from about 1 inch of water every week, either through supplemental watering or natural rainfall. Keep the foliage as dry as possible when watering. After it's established, provide water only during extended periods of dry weather. Don't over-water, as English ivy is prone to fungal diseases in soggy, waterlogged soil.
- Ivy requires only moderate amounts of fertilizer to remain green and healthy. Apply a balanced, dry fertilizer with a ratio such as 15-15-15 or 12-4-8 at a rate of 1/2 pound of fertilizer for every 500 feet of growing space. Apply the fertilizer twice a year, in early spring and midsummer.
- Propagate by cuttings in summer using juvenile growth to obtain plants with a trailing habit, use adult growth to obtain plants with a bushy growth habit