Westland Orchid Premium Potting Mix 4 Litres
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Westland Orchid Potting Mix is ideal for healthy growth and abundant flowering. With the perfect blend of sermais granules as well as pine bark for airflow and drainage.
- Essential nutrients for healthy growth
- Specialist blend
- Contains water-retaining Seramis
Contains unique Seramis granules for optimum water and nutrient availability Added pine bark for airflow & drainage resulting in healthier root development
What to Expect
Healthy roots due to controlled water retention, and no compaction at the bottom of the pot due to large open structure
When to Use
How to Use
- Potting and re-potting
- Choose a pot with just enough room for the roots.
- Fill one third of the pot with orchid potting mix. Place the orchid in the pot and carefully spread out the roots. Gently hold the plant by its stem and fill around the roots. Tap the pot to settle the potting mixâ€“do not firm down.
- Orchids may need anchoring in the pot with a stick or with wire
- Re-pot just after flowering or during the period when new growth and new roots appear
- Remove dead and shriveled roots but leave potting mix attached to healthy plump white roots. Do not worry if a few roots grow outside the potâ€”re-pot only when growth starts to suffer Feeding
- During the growing and flowering season, feed your plants with Westland Orchid Feed diluted in rainwater
- Feed every second watering in the active growing season (spring/summer) and every fourth watering in the winter Watering
- Orchid roots will rot easily if they are kept in wet conditions. It is therefore essential to water sparingly, ideally once a week. Westland Orchid Water is a great option to feed and water orchid plants. Just 2 capfuls a week will help keep orchid plants healthy and flowering for longer
- Orchids prefer high air humidity. Applying Westland Orchid Mist spray 1-2 times a week to the aerial roots and foliage will help replicate the plants natural growing environment Tips for Better Results Orchids need bright but filtered light so itâ€™s best to avoid placing them in direct sunlight Different species of orchid require different temperatures, so choose a suitable room in the house depending on the type of orchid you are growing Most orchids require a rest period during winter when watering and feeding should be reduced General Advice
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands after use
- Not suitable for Ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Store in a dry, frost free place away from weed killers and other garden chemicals
- Reseal bag after use Frequently Asked Questions Q. Can I use this for my other houseplants? A. We would recommend using a specific houseplant compost as other plants may not benefit from the free draining, open structure. Q. When should I re-pot my orchids? A. We would recommend checking the re-potting advice for type of orchid you have. Most will benefit from re-potting when the media has broken down or they have outgrown the pot, this is best done after flowering has stopped.