Pieris japonica 'Little Goldy' (2 Litre)
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Pieris japonica 'Little Goldy' is a compact cultivar of the Japanese pieris family, notable for its vibrant gold-yellow young foliage. As the leaves mature, they transition to a lime-green shade, offering a lovely contrast. In early spring, 'Little Goldy' is adorned with drooping clusters of creamy-white bell-shaped flowers, adding another layer of beauty to this ornamental shrub. Its compact size and radiant hues make it a favorite for both small gardens and larger landscapes.
Why We Like It
- Striking gold-yellow new growth offers a unique and luminous color contrast in gardens.
- Compact size is perfect for smaller spaces and container gardening.
- Delicate, bell-shaped flowers in spring provide additional ornamental value.
What to Know
- Prefers partial shade but can tolerate full sun if regularly watered; however, too much intense sunlight can cause leaf scorch.
- Requires well-draining, slightly acidic soil for optimal growth.
- Water regularly, ensuring the soil remains moist but not waterlogged.
- Keep an eye out for common pests like lace bugs and aphids, and diseases like root rot in overly wet conditions.
- Pruning is generally not necessary, but if desired, prune after flowering to shape.
- New growth: Gold-yellow.
- Mature leaves: Lime-green.
- Early spring, typically around March to April.
Eventual Height and Spread
- Height: Approximately 60-80 centimeters.
- Spread: 60-80 centimeters.