Orostachys 'Chinese Hat' (9cm)
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Orostachys 'Chinese Hat' is an exceptional succulent known for its distinctive and captivating appearance. Its rosettes of fleshy leaves are arranged in a way that resembles traditional Chinese hats, providing a whimsical and intriguing visual appeal. This plant is a delightful addition to succulent collections, rock gardens, and container arrangements. 'Chinese Hat' thrives in well-draining soil and prefers full sun to partial shade, making it well-suited for various outdoor and indoor settings. With its unique form and low-maintenance requirements, this succulent is a popular choice among enthusiasts and those seeking an extraordinary plant specimen.
Why We Like It:
- Whimsical Form: The rosette arrangement of leaves resembling Chinese hats adds a playful and artistic touch to succulent displays.
- Conversational Piece: 'Chinese Hat' serves as an interesting conversation starter due to its unique appearance and cultural reference.
- Versatile Use: Whether as a standalone plant or part of a succulent arrangement, 'Chinese Hat' brings an element of surprise to any setting.
What to Know:
- Well-Draining Soil: Opt for a well-draining succulent mix to ensure proper moisture management and root health.
- Light Requirements: Provide full sun to partial shade to promote healthy growth and maintain the plant's distinct form.
- Watering: Allow the soil to dry between waterings, as overwatering can lead to root issues.
- Propagation: 'Chinese Hat' can be propagated through offsets produced by the mother plant or from leaf cuttings.
- Cold Sensitivity: Protect from frost, as 'Chinese Hat' is sensitive to low temperatures.
Height and Spread: When fully grown, Orostachys 'Chinese Hat' reaches a height of approximately 10-15 cm (4-6 inches) with a spread of around 15-20 cm (6-8 inches).