Grape 'Boskoop Glory' | Vitis vinifera 'Boskoop Glory'
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
itis vinifera 'Boskoop Glory,' commonly known as Grape 'Boskoop Glory,' is a captivating and popular grapevine cultivar admired for its delicious and flavorful dark purple grapes. As a member of the Vitaceae family, this grape variety is prized for its vigorous growth and ability to yield abundant fruit clusters. 'Boskoop Glory' is a favored choice among home gardeners and vineyard growers, offering the pleasure of enjoying juicy grapes fresh from the vine or using them for winemaking and culinary purposes.
Why We Like It:
- Rich and flavorful grapes: Grape 'Boskoop Glory' produces exceptional dark purple grapes with a luscious and rich flavor, making it a delectable treat for fresh consumption or culinary creations.
- Vigorous growth: This grapevine displays robust and vigorous growth, quickly filling trellises and arbors with lush foliage and an abundance of fruit clusters.
- Dual purpose: 'Boskoop Glory' is a versatile grape variety, suitable for both table consumption and winemaking, providing options for culinary enthusiasts and wine connoisseurs alike.
What to Know:
- Sunlight and location: Grape 'Boskoop Glory' thrives in full sun, necessitating at least 6-8 hours of direct sunlight each day for optimal fruit development.
- Soil and drainage: Provide well-draining soil with good fertility to support healthy growth and fruit production. Regularly amend the soil with organic matter as needed.
- Pruning: Regular pruning is essential to manage the vine's growth, enhance air circulation, and encourage fruiting. Pruning should be performed during the dormant season.
- Pollination: While some grape varieties are self-pollinating, 'Boskoop Glory' may benefit from having another grapevine nearby for cross-pollination to improve fruit set and yield.
- Harvesting: Grapes are typically ready for harvest in late summer or early fall when they reach their peak sweetness and color. Handle the clusters carefully during harvesting to avoid damaging the grapes.
Grape Color and Flavor: Grape 'Boskoop Glory' produces small to medium-sized dark purple grapes with a sumptuous sweetness and a rich flavor, making them a delightful addition to any fruit platter or winemaking ventures.
Height and Spread: As a grapevine, Vitis vinifera 'Boskoop Glory' can attain a significant height when fully grown, ranging from 10 to 20 feet (3 to 6 meters) or more.