Daphne gemmata. 'Royal Crown' (2 Litre)
Click and Collect: Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and process your order. As soon as we have picked your order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it.
An Post (Seeds Only) €4.00
A postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds.
Nationwide Shipping Max Weight 27kg (including Northern Ireland) €9.00
This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas, plants, gardening, aquatic and pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. In this instance, a member of our team will contact you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
Pallet Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare €25.00
If you have ordered compost, furniture that we stock here in Newlands, BBQ or if your order is overweight or bulky, we will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius from where we are based.
Pallet Delivery Nationwide €59
(For counties outside of Dublin & Kildare) If your order is overweight or bulky or fragile and your shipping address is not based in Dublin or Kildare then we will ship your order by pallet.
Daphne gemmata 'Royal Crown' is a coveted ornamental shrub, renowned for its fragrant flowers and regal presence in the garden. This particular variety boasts clusters of deep pink buds that open to reveal softer pink, sweetly scented flowers, typically blooming in late spring. The attractive, narrow, dark green leaves provide a lush backdrop for the delicate blossoms. Its compact, rounded form and relatively slow growth make 'Royal Crown' an excellent choice for mixed borders, container gardens, or as an understated focal point in a garden design.
Why We Like It
- Fragrant Blooms: Offers a delightful scent that enhances any garden setting.
- Attractive Foliage: Dark green leaves remain vibrant throughout the growing season.
- Compact Growth: Ideal for smaller gardens or containers due to its contained size.
What to Know
- Sunlight: Prefers partial shade, especially in hotter climates to prevent leaf scorch.
- Watering: Requires well-drained soil, water regularly but ensure no waterlogging.
- Soil: Thrives best in fertile, humus-rich, slightly acidic to neutral soil.
- Pruning: Generally requires little pruning; if needed, prune lightly after flowering to maintain shape.
- Planting Location: Best to plant in a location where it won’t need to be moved, as Daphnes can be sensitive to transplantation.
- Deep pink buds opening to softer pink
- Late spring, usually around May to June.
Eventual Height and Spread
- Height: 40-60 cm
- Spread: 40-60 cm