Lavender angustifolia Six Pack
Lavender is one of the most popular small garden shrubs. Plants have narrow, oily and aromatic evergreen leaves and bear dense spikes of small tubular flowers in summer.
• Mature Height: 0.1-1m
• Mature Spread: 0.1-1m
Why We Love It
• Lavender is a wonderful plant that is suited to any garden.
• The aromatic flowers and leaves can be used for making pot-pourri
• Very fragrant and will attract plenty of wildlife to the garden. Butterflies & bees especially.
What To Know
• Flowering Time: June and July
• Position: Full sun
• Soil: Well drained, moderately fertile
How to Care
• Water plants deeply but infrequently, when the soil is almost dry.
• Prune in early spring or at harvest time.
• Harvest for sachets and potpourri by cutting flower spikes or stripping flowers from stems just as blossoms show color; dry in a cool, shaded place.
• Little feeding is required, although a sprinkling of potash around the base of plants will encourage more prolific flowering and improved flower colour. Don‘t add bulky manure or high nitrogen feed as your lavenders in particular, will grow very sappy and flop open.
• Remove, or deadhead, spent blooms regularly for the entire blooming season. This prolongs the overall blooming duration and promotes bushier growth.
• To use lavender for drying and pot-pourri, harvest just before full-bloom and hang upside down in bunches in a dry dark room.
• Why does lavender die?
One of the biggest problems and causes of Lavender dying out is the overwatering of potted Lavender or excessive soil moisture for those plants grown in the ground. ... Over wet soil conditions leads to fungus and root rot problems. This can cause wilted black leaves where the plant is dying back.
Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and proccess your order. As soon as we have picked you order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it. In order to choose click and collect, you need to fill in your billing address at the checkout to see all shipping options
Standard courier Delivery rate €7.50 for Nationwide delivery including Northern Ireland under 3okg . This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas products, Plants, most Gardening Products, Aquatic products and Pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. If that happens, a member of our team will contact you.
Our team will process your order as quickly as possible. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
If you have ordered compost or if you would like us to deliver to you personally we now offer this service. We will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius of where we are based. You must choose this if you have ordered compost.
If you are not from Kildare or Dublin and have ordered compost or a large quantity of plants of furniture. We will deliver by pallet.
Postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds
We deliver to anywhere in Dublin and as far as Kildare town from Monday to Saturday (apart from Public Holidays) We are Interflora Members and as a result can take orders for anywhere in Ireland. Deliveries to remote rural areas may not be possible if there is no Interflora members close to the delivery area. We will ring you if this occurs. prices are as follows:
Same Day Delivery Dublin and Parts of Kildare (order before 2pm): €12
Future Day Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare: €8
AM Delivery For Dublin Only (Guaranteed before 12pm): €14
Delivery For rest of Ireland (no time guarantee): €14
There is no delivery charge for gift vouchers. We will post for free.
Unfortunately we no longer offer delivery service to the UK.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order or change your mind, simply return it within 7 days of delivery and we will replace it or issue you with a credit note for the cost of the item (excluding shipping) The item must not be opened or used and packaging must be intact and of resalable quality.
Please check the contents of your package on arrival. If a product you purchased is defective or damaged during shipment, it is important you let us know upon opening package. Please keep all packaging materials from the shipment. Any defects must be reported within 24 hours of reciept of delivery.
If it is necessary to return an item for either of the above reasons, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and note your name and order number.
Newlands Home and Garden Centre
Your statutory rights are not affected by any of these conditions
This product has not yet been reviewed.