Fragrant, deep pink flowers with distinctive yellow centres in May and June and bronze-tinted foliage. This vigorous, early flowering clematis produces a mass of flowers up to 9cm (3½in) across. Ideal for a north-facing site, it's best planted close to an entrance or path where the exquisite almond-scented flowers can be appreciated.
Eventual Height: 5m
Eventual Spread: 3m
Why We Love It
• Excellent for trellis and can be trained to climb a wall, trellis, fence, arbor and is also well suited for containers.
• Cimbines beautifully with climbing roses and small shrubs
• Attracts butterflies and pollinators
• Season of Interest: Summer-Autumn
• Position: Partial shade
• Soil: Well draining, rich
How to Care
• Plant in a moisture-retentive, well-drained soil, with the roots and base of the plant kept cool and shaded by other plants or a layer of pebbles at the base. Plant with the crown 5-8cm (2-3in) deep to encourage new shoots to grow from below ground level. Can be grown in containers at least 45cm (18in) deep and wide in a soil based potting compost. Best flower colour in part shade.
• Once established, care of clematis vines is minimal with the exception of watering. They should be watered about an inch or so weekly, and more deeply during dry spells. Mulch should be replenished each spring.
• Root softwood cuttings in spring or semi-ripe cuttings in early summer. Propagate by layering in late winter or early spring
• Regular pruning of clematis encourages strong growth and flowering and keeps the growth in check. If left unpruned, clematis can turn into a mass of tangled stems with a bare base and flowers well above eye level. Clematis in pruning group three flower in late summer on growth made in that season and should be pruned in late winter or early spring.
Fast Shipping- nationwide delivery
Please allow up to 24 hours for us to pick and proccess your order. As soon as we have picked you order we will phone you and arrange a time to collect it. In order to choose click and collect, you need to fill in your billing address at the checkout to see all shipping options
Standard courier Delivery rate €7.50 for Nationwide delivery including Northern Ireland under 3okg . This offer applies to most of our products online such as Christmas products, Plants, most Gardening Products, Aquatic products and Pet products. Live Plant delivery charges are not calculated on weight but the space required per package to ensure safe delivery, so delivery charges may vary as some plants require more space than others when packed. If that happens, a member of our team will contact you.
Our team will process your order as quickly as possible. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
If you have ordered compost or if you would like us to deliver to you personally we now offer this service. We will personally deliver to Dublin and parts of Co. Kildare or 25Km radius of where we are based. You must choose this if you have ordered compost.
If you are not from Kildare or Dublin and have ordered compost or a large quantity of plants of furniture. We will deliver by pallet.
Postal fee of €4.00 applies for any seed order. It does not apply to bulbs or seed potatoes or large boxes of wildflower seeds
We deliver to anywhere in Dublin and as far as Kildare town from Monday to Saturday (apart from Public Holidays) We are Interflora Members and as a result can take orders for anywhere in Ireland. Deliveries to remote rural areas may not be possible if there is no Interflora members close to the delivery area. We will ring you if this occurs. prices are as follows:
Same Day Delivery Dublin and Parts of Kildare (order before 2pm): €12
Future Day Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare: €8
AM Delivery For Dublin Only (Guaranteed before 12pm): €14
Delivery For rest of Ireland (no time guarantee): €14
There is no delivery charge for gift vouchers. We will post for free.
Unfortunately we no longer offer delivery service to the UK.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order or change your mind, simply return it within 7 days of delivery and we will replace it or issue you with a credit note for the cost of the item (excluding shipping) The item must not be opened or used and packaging must be intact and of resalable quality.
Please check the contents of your package on arrival. If a product you purchased is defective or damaged during shipment, it is important you let us know upon opening package. Please keep all packaging materials from the shipment. Any defects must be reported within 24 hours of reciept of delivery.
If it is necessary to return an item for either of the above reasons, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and note your name and order number.
Newlands Home and Garden Centre
Your statutory rights are not affected by any of these conditions
This product has not yet been reviewed.