Beauty Berry - Callicarpa bod 'Profusion'
This plant is primarily grown for its eye-catching display of purple berries in the winter and lilac flowers along the stem in summer.
Why we like Callicarpa 'Profusion'
•This shrub has clusters of lilac flowers in midsummer, but it's really prized for the clusters of purple bead-like berries in autumn that remain after the plant has lost its leaves.The young foliage is often bronze-purple, becoming dark green in summer before turning golden-purple in autumn.
What to know
• Our 5 Year Guarantee: All our shrubs come with a 5 year guarantee. We will only supply you with quality plants with exceptional health.
• Pot size C3.5
• Actual plant size 50-60cm
• Max height 3m
• Max width 2.5m
• Light:It likes full sun or partial shade. It will do well exposed or sheltered.
• Soil: The best way of potting the Callicarpa bod 'Profusion' is to grow it in a fertile well-drained soil in sun or partial shade. It can tolerate some lime in the soil.
• Fertilizer:Incorporate plenty of well-rotted organic matter into the planting hole, preferably a multi-purpose one that contains potash
• Flowering period:July
• Propagation: Propagate by softwood cuttings or semi-hardwood cuttings.
• Pruning: Prune back stems in early spring, if necessary, cutting back to a permanent framework.
Common questions about how to care for Callicarpa 'Profusion'
• Why does this plant fail to produce berries? There are a number of reasons why plants do not flower or go on to produce berries. The most likely reasons are not enough sun, pruning at the wrong time of the year, or insufficient water and nutrients. You can however give it a bit of a push in the right direction by feeding it with Sulphate of Potash, following the instructions on the packet.
Standard Delivery rate €4.75 for Nationwide delivery and free if you spend over €75. This offer applies to most of our products online such as Plants, most Gardening Products, Barbeques, Furniture, Aquatic products and Pet products.
Our web team are busy processing all our Christmas orders as quickly as possible so that there is no delay. We aim for next day delivery but as it gets closer to the busy period our courier company may take two working days to get to you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
We deliver to anywhere in Dublin and as far as Kildare town from Monday to Saturday (apart from Public Holidays) We are Interflora Members and as a result can take orders for anywhere in Ireland. Deliveries to remote rural areas may not be possible if there is no Interflora members close to the delivery area. We will ring you if this occurs. prices are as follows:
Same Day Delivery Dublin and Parts of Kildare (order before 2pm): €12
Future Day Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare: €8
AM Delivery For Dublin Only (Guaranteed before 12pm): €14
Delivery For rest of Ireland (no time guarantee): €14
Floral Delivery Charges for the rest of the world (through our Interflora Network): €16
As a member ofInterflora we can use our membership to deliver flowers to the rest of the world (Europe, USA, etc) Please note that product styles may be different from country to country. If there is a price discrepancy we will notify you by email or phone.
There is no delivery charge for gift vouchers. We will post for free.
Please note we do not deliver large bags of compost other than to County Dublin and County Kildare or 35 Km radius of where we are based as we deliver these ourselves and not through a courier. We charge a standard €12.50 delivery for compost. Please click on the compost shipping method at the checkout page. We do not deliver livestock such as fish.
We have a set rate of €12.00 for parcels up to 25kg. We can organise delivery for any product heavier than 25KG once we know dimensions and weight and distance to travel.
We also offer a click and collect where you can place you order online and collect it in the Garden Centre whenever you like. Please be sure to bring your credit card that you used and identification with you as we require signature and verification. Please note that the free shipping offer does not apply to in store purchases.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order or change your mind, simply return it within 7 days of delivery and we will replace it or issue you with a credit note for the cost of the item (excluding shipping) The item must not be opened or used and packaging must be intact and of resalable quality.
Please check the contents of your package on arrival. If a product you purchased is defective or damaged during shipment, it is important you let us know upon opening package. Please keep all packaging materials from the shipment. Any defects must be reported within 24 hours of reciept of delivery.
If it is necessary to return an item for either of the above reasons, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and note your name and order number.
Newlands Home and Garden Centre
Your statutory rights are not affected by any of these conditions