Anthurium Diamond mix 35-40cm tall with 5 or more flowers in a Milou ceramic pot
How to take care of an Anthurium pot plant
The Anthurium pot plants are very easy to look after, as they need very little attention to keep looking beautiful for a long time. There are a few extra Anthurium plant care tips and tricks we’d like to share with you, so that you’ll enjoy your Anthurium plant or cut flowers even longer.
Anthurium plant care
• The best spot for a happy plant
Anthuriums like to stand in a well-lighted place, but don’t like direct sunlight. When the plant is positioned in the dark, it will give fewer flowers. They love warmth and are happiest at a temperature between 20°C and 22°C. The minimum temperature for both the pot plant and cut flower is 16°C. Keep them away from draughts and don’t place them close to a hot radiator.
• Anthuriums really prefer high humidity, so for example in the bathroom is where they feel most at home.
Anthurium plant care tips
• In the winter period, the Anthurium plant should be watered once a week. In the summer, it can be watered more frequently, but twice a week should be enough. Do you want to pamper your plant? Spray it now and then with a plant spray, so that it imagines its in the tropics.
Anthuriums keeps on flowering
• With the right care and regular fertilisation, the Anthurium plant produces new flowers throughout the year. Usually however there are cycles of three months of flowering, a few months without flowering, and then three months of flowering again. When the plant has shiny leaves and is producing new flowers, you can assume that they are enjoying favorable conditions and will flower for many years!
What to do with coloured leaves?
• When an Anthurium plant has brown leaves and leaf tips, it’s getting too much or too little water. Before you give water, feel how moist the soil in the pot is. If it feels rather dry, the plant needs some water. But if the soil is moist, wait a week before watering again.
• Are the leaves yellowish? Then it’s likely that the Anthurium is getting too much sunlight and needs to be moved further away from the window. Are new flowers coming, but do they stay green? Then it’s getting too little light and it needs to be moved closer to the window. Dead flowers, old and yellowed leaves can be cut off, because then the Anthurium can produce new flowers.
Repotting an Anthurium plant
If your Anthurium has grown too big for its pot, repotting is a good idea. Do this preferably in spring, because the lighter days stimulate the formation of buds. Place the plant in a pot with a diameter of at least 20% wider than the previous one, and use special indoor houseplant compost to do this. Once you have repotted you can fee with Baby Bio indoor houseplant food so that the plant can start growing.
Standard Delivery rate €4.75 for Nationwide delivery and free if you spend over €75. This offer applies to most of our products online such as Plants, most Gardening Products, Barbeques, Furniture, Aquatic products and Pet products.
Our web team are busy processing all our Christmas orders as quickly as possible so that there is no delay. We aim for next day delivery but as it gets closer to the busy period our courier company may take two working days to get to you. Our courier company delivers Monday to Friday and not weekends.
We deliver to anywhere in Dublin and as far as Kildare town from Monday to Saturday (apart from Public Holidays) We are Interflora Members and as a result can take orders for anywhere in Ireland. Deliveries to remote rural areas may not be possible if there is no Interflora members close to the delivery area. We will ring you if this occurs. prices are as follows:
Same Day Delivery Dublin and Parts of Kildare (order before 2pm): €12
Future Day Delivery For Dublin and Parts of Kildare: €8
AM Delivery For Dublin Only (Guaranteed before 12pm): €14
Delivery For rest of Ireland (no time guarantee): €14
Floral Delivery Charges for the rest of the world (through our Interflora Network): €16
As a member ofInterflora we can use our membership to deliver flowers to the rest of the world (Europe, USA, etc) Please note that product styles may be different from country to country. If there is a price discrepancy we will notify you by email or phone.
There is no delivery charge for gift vouchers. We will post for free.
Please note we do not deliver large bags of compost other than to County Dublin and County Kildare or 35 Km radius of where we are based as we deliver these ourselves and not through a courier. We charge a standard €12.50 delivery for compost. Please click on the compost shipping method at the checkout page. We do not deliver livestock such as fish.
We have a set rate of €12.00 for parcels up to 25kg. We can organise delivery for any product heavier than 25KG once we know dimensions and weight and distance to travel.
We also offer a click and collect where you can place you order online and collect it in the Garden Centre whenever you like. Please be sure to bring your credit card that you used and identification with you as we require signature and verification. Please note that the free shipping offer does not apply to in store purchases.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your order or change your mind, simply return it within 7 days of delivery and we will replace it or issue you with a credit note for the cost of the item (excluding shipping) The item must not be opened or used and packaging must be intact and of resalable quality.
Please check the contents of your package on arrival. If a product you purchased is defective or damaged during shipment, it is important you let us know upon opening package. Please keep all packaging materials from the shipment. Any defects must be reported within 24 hours of reciept of delivery.
If it is necessary to return an item for either of the above reasons, please send us an email to email@example.com, and note your name and order number.
Newlands Home and Garden Centre
Your statutory rights are not affected by any of these conditions